Sometimes a lash lift can overprocess. The lashes look like they have curled back on themselves. In extreme cases, like the picture above, they look frizzy and will feel brittle.
This is usually caused by two reasons. Either the timings are not correct or the solution has not thoroughly been removed from the lashes.
It is possible to reverse or relax the lash lift. This can be done by a lash lift professional or, if you have a DIY kit for doing your own lash lifts at home, you may be able to do this yourself.
Reversing a lash lift does not provide a precise outcome. But it will improve the lift, often significantly.
Instructions to reverse a lash lift using a home kit
You will need:
- Lifting/Perming Solution
- Setting Solution
- Nourishing Solution (some kits do not have this step)
- 2 clean mascara wands
- Cotton pads
- Water for cleaning
- Clean the eye area
- You will be doing one eye at a time and completing all the steps. Then proceed with the other eye.
- Apply the lifting solution on the lashes. Set the timer for 1/4 to 1/3 of the original recommended processing time for your lashes. For example, if the original recommended processing time for lifting the lashes is 12 minutes, the timing should be 4 minutes or less.
- For the entire duration the solution is processing on the lashes, gently and slowly brush the lift out by brushing from the base of the lashes to the tips, from above the lashes (not underneath like you would when applying mascara).
- Wipe with a dry or wet cotton pad, depending on the instructions of the kit, and apply the setting solution. Again, leave this on for 1/3 of the duration of the original recommended processing time and brush out the lift slowly and gently for the entire duration of the setting time.
- Wipe or cleanse with water depending on your kit’s instructions and thoroughly remove any solution including in between the lash roots.
- Apply nourishing lotion if your kit contains it. This is usually a treatment step to renourish the lashes and the timings do not have to be reduced.
- Repeat on other eye using the same timings as the first eye.
Follow up by using a lash conditioner daily which is specially formulated for lash lift. We recommend Elleebana's Elleeplex Advanced Aftercare. Elleeplex Advanced Aftercare is made by an Australian company that is a global leader in lash lift treatments.
Elleeplex Advanced Aftercare will help restore proteins, speed up cell generation, increase potassium channels in the cells and increase moisture levels to the hair.
Use in conjunction with Elleevate Mascara for double the treatment.